C Spire TV

Welcome to the C Spire TV ideas and feedback forum! This is where our C Spire TV product managers come to get inspiration for how to improve C Spire TV. So inspire us by saying which features and functionality you’d like to see next!

How it works.

1. VOTE for existing ideas you think will improve C Spire TV.
  2. SUBMIT your own ideas.
  3. COMMENT on interesting threads and add your thoughts.

Looking for support?

C Spire Home Services Support: https://help.cspire.com/app/home/p/2

IMPORTANT: If you need our help, don’t post here. Instead, get in touch with us one of the following ways:

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow downloading for recordings

Amazon Prime and Netflix both allow you to download movies and shows so you can watch them without being on a WiFi network or using Cellular data (like when flying). It would be nice to have this feature too instead of having to access recordings in the cloud.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Provide the same “Guide” that appears on the CSpire TV screen, to be also available online on your website.

This would allow previewing what programming is available ahead of time, or even while viewing TV but looking at a separate computer or tablet without interrupting the program being watched. XFinity offers this, and we have found that very useful.
    Here’s their site, as an example, obviously the CSpire channel numbers and programming will be different . . .
    https://www.xfinity.com/stream/listings

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Include TCM in your standard T.V. package

Normally other services offer TCM in the Standard package.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  TV Network  ·  Admin →
  5. Be able to extend a scheduled recording on CSpire.TV website, like in CSpire app.

Title explains it. I can set a recording in the Cspire.Tv website, but you can't extend it 30/60 mins from the website. You can only do that on the CSpire app (we us the app with Amazon Firestick, not the "cable box").

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 4K channel option

Have the option to (if needed pay more) stream 4k channel content

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  TV Network  ·  Admin →
  7. xbox

Add device support for the Xbox One.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Your App Crashes Daily

I have to reboot my FireStick or AppleTV almost daily if i run the CSpire app. Looks like a memory leak in your app. If i use the channel specific apps like Velocity, Fox, or others apps i do not have the problem. I only experience it with your app. I'm forced to reboot the box to run your app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. AppleTV Remote Trackpad - Guide Fast Scroll Bar, is TOO fast

Scrolling up or down on AppleTV remote trackpad causes a scroll bar to appear on the right side of the screen which then scrolls VERY fast. The point at which this happens is un-predicatable and not consistent. It's very difficult to find a scroll speed which does NOT engage the fast scroll when one is just surfing up or down every channel to find something to watch. Best as I recall, the previous scrolling sensed the remote track pad acceleration for scroll speed instead of engaging a scroll bar feature and it worked fine. I have set the trackpad scroll…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Robert – Thanks for taking the time to point this out. I will bring this up w/ our dev team and see what we can do. I believe this started getting ‘too’ fast with the introduction of tvOS 11 but I may be wrong.

In any event, watch this space for updates. I hope this is something we can tweak easily and deliver improvement.

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make a middle package

There needs to be a middle package. Something that's between the $25 Economy and $65 Standard that would contain some of the other channels mentioned in the other posts....specifically kids and sports. I have Xfinity internet and Hulu. I spend less than $100 for internet and tv with most of the channels offered in the Standard package. I would swap if there was a more competitive price.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Matt – Thanks for this suggestion.
    Unfortunately, our contracts with major content providers (e.g., Turner, Disney, NBC Unversal, etc.) explicitly state which of their channels need to be in what package we offer. Consequently, while we would like the flexibility to create content packages with fewer channels and offer them at a more attractive price-point, the massive media companies structure their agreements in such a way so as to explicitly prevent us from doing so.

We vehemently oppose this required bundling and will continue to do so. Our desire as your Internet and TV provider is to have the flexibility to offer TV entertainment that best matches the needs of our customers in terms of content and price.

Thanks again for your suggestion!

12. Consistency between Roku app, iOS app, & Web.

Unless I'm missing something --

1.) I'm able to view scheduled recordings only on Web and Roku (Not iOS).

2.) I'm able to schedule only NEW episodes only on Web (Not Roku or iOS).

3.) iOS app keeps signing me out.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your input on this. We are working to create a more unified experience on our Mobile (iOS, Android) platforms.

With regard to multiple sign-in’s on iOS we recently pushed the 1.15 iOS client which we’re seeing in testing as having drastically reduced the number of sign-in’s required. Please make sure you update your iOS app and let us know if you continue to experience this issue.

13. ACC Network

Offer the ACC Network when it becomes available on Aug.22

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add H&I channel.

Title says it all.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  TV Network  ·  Admin →

Hi – the H&I channel is carried by local network affiliates. We do not have the ability to acquire this network’s signal unless they are part of a local broadcaster’s offering.

So if your local broadcast affiliate (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC) carries H&I and broadcasts that signal over the air (ota), then it will be available to you. If they do not, then it will not be available as part of our service.

15. Roku app

I just downloaded the Roku app and tried it. We are currently using Fire sticks for our service. I found the Roku app to be very slow to respond versus the Fire app, and the navigation doesn’t seem to be as intuitive. Are there current development efforts to improve this app?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello – Thanks for reaching out w/ your Roku feedback. There are significant differences in what we can accomplish from a feature and development standpoint across the various platforms we support. The Roku programming language and related processing power on most devices does not support the more fluid and responsive experience available on Amazon, Android and Apple TV.

16. Surround not working anymore for Apple TV

Is surround sound supported still? I have checked a couple ESPN games, movie channels...etc nothing comes thru 5.1 anymore. It use to for me on Apple TV not anymore. I did check Netflix app on same Apple TV and it is still outputting 5.1. I know not all shows broadcast 5.1 but espn major games always did in the past.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. FireTV - Better integration with Logitech Harmony

Currently, I can pair my Logitech Harmony Hub with my FireTV. This enables the use of my Harmony remote with the FireTV. I can browse through the FireTV menus and open the C Spire TV app. I don't need a separate remote to turn my TV on or adjust the volume on the AV receiver.

Once in the app, the controls on the Harmony remote are somewhat limited. For example:
    Guide does not bring up the C Spire TV Guide
    DVR does not bring up Shows

I'm not sure how much of this is just a limit of the minimal…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add NHL channel

Add the NHL channel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Get in touch.

To make it easier to get help when you need it, we provide a variety of ways to report an issue or talk with a customer care representative: