C Spire TV

Welcome to the C Spire TV ideas and feedback forum! This is where our C Spire TV product managers come to get inspiration for how to improve C Spire TV. So inspire us by saying which features and functionality you’d like to see next!

How it works.

1. VOTE for existing ideas you think will improve C Spire TV.
  2. SUBMIT your own ideas.
  3. COMMENT on interesting threads and add your thoughts.

Looking for support?

C Spire Home Services Support: https://help.cspire.com/app/home/p/2

IMPORTANT: If you need our help, don’t post here. Instead, get in touch with us one of the following ways:

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Favorite Channels List - By Profile

Currently every time I want to go to the 3 channels I watch I have to scroll through all the channels. (I have 3 others in my family that watch other channels). It would be way faster to have favorite channels saved to my profile so I wouldn't have to scroll through channels I am not going to watch.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Make Current Program Info More Easily Accessible

Right now there is no way to see what you're watching unless you disrupt the stream and go to the guide. The show description, channel, etc needs to be on the same level that displays the guide, shows, manage recording options.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow scheduling of programs not currently airing

The search feature for recording programs seems to only find shows that are currently on air. Networks preview programs like Christmas specials that I cannot schedule to be recorded because they are several weeks away and aren't found in a search. Another example are some summer shows that can't be scheduled now. It would be nice to be able to find a show that is not currently airing and tell the DVR to record it when it comes on. My previous Uverse service was able to do this.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Josh – Thanks very much for taking the time to provide your feature suggestion.
    At present, you can schedule new recordings up to 14 days in advance via the search interface, and can ‘scroll’ forward in the Guide up to 7 days.

We had not considered some of the situations you present. And if we find that a lot of other C Spire TV customers are needing the ability to set recordings multiple months in the future, we will work hard to implement this feature.

Thanks again for the input and please keep any and all suggestions coming!

4. Connect recordings to profile

It seems to point of individual profiles is so that recommendations can be made based on viewing or recording habits but I would like an option to connect recordings to different profiles.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Handle Not Enough Streams in a better way

Right now if I have 2 streams and two other family members are watching, it just tells me that I don't have enough streams. I would like the option to 'bump' my wife off her tablet so I can watch TV.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. During a severe weather NWS alert, it currently does not allow me to change the channel to check local weather.

During a severe weather NWS alert, it currently does not allow me to change the channel to check the local weather. It is critical to be able to see where the severe threat is and how close it is to our hose.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. (Stop and go to live TV), & (Stop and Delete) selections as options for paused recording

Please add (Stop and go to live TV), & (Stop and Delete), as options you can select when you pause a recorded shows. That way if for some reason you need to stop watching a recorded show you can just stop and have the system take you to live TV or when you are finished watching a show you can just Stop and Delete the show without having to go around the world to do so. You could have the first option take you to live TV and the second take you back to recorded shows to watch another recorded…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Better Search on Amazon Fire TV

I would like my search to Auto-complete and I would like recommendations based on the type of show or keyword (Like war shows all War-based shows on like Ken Burns Vietnam). And the search field is blocking the list of results which makes it tough to know if a show I want is shown or not.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have the ability to pull up a list of all the shows scheduled to be recorded on a particular day

Have an option that allows you to see a list of all shows that are scheduled to be recorded on a particular day .

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  TV Network  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow downloading for recordings

Amazon Prime and Netflix both allow you to download movies and shows so you can watch them without being on a WiFi network or using Cellular data (like when flying). It would be nice to have this feature too instead of having to access recordings in the cloud.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide the same “Guide” that appears on the CSpire TV screen, to be also available online on your website.

This would allow previewing what programming is available ahead of time, or even while viewing TV but looking at a separate computer or tablet without interrupting the program being watched. XFinity offers this, and we have found that very useful.
    Here’s their site, as an example, obviously the CSpire channel numbers and programming will be different . . .
    https://www.xfinity.com/stream/listings

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 4K channel option

Have the option to (if needed pay more) stream 4k channel content

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  TV Network  ·  Admin →
  15. xbox

Add device support for the Xbox One.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. FireTV - Better integration with Logitech Harmony

Currently, I can pair my Logitech Harmony Hub with my FireTV. This enables the use of my Harmony remote with the FireTV. I can browse through the FireTV menus and open the C Spire TV app. I don't need a separate remote to turn my TV on or adjust the volume on the AV receiver.

Once in the app, the controls on the Harmony remote are somewhat limited. For example:
    Guide does not bring up the C Spire TV Guide
    DVR does not bring up Shows

I'm not sure how much of this is just a limit of the minimal…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make a middle package

There needs to be a middle package. Something that's between the $25 Economy and $65 Standard that would contain some of the other channels mentioned in the other posts....specifically kids and sports. I have Xfinity internet and Hulu. I spend less than $100 for internet and tv with most of the channels offered in the Standard package. I would swap if there was a more competitive price.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Matt – Thanks for this suggestion.
    Unfortunately, our contracts with major content providers (e.g., Turner, Disney, NBC Unversal, etc.) explicitly state which of their channels need to be in what package we offer. Consequently, while we would like the flexibility to create content packages with fewer channels and offer them at a more attractive price-point, the massive media companies structure their agreements in such a way so as to explicitly prevent us from doing so.

We vehemently oppose this required bundling and will continue to do so. Our desire as your Internet and TV provider is to have the flexibility to offer TV entertainment that best matches the needs of our customers in terms of content and price.

Thanks again for your suggestion!

19. Be able to extend a scheduled recording on CSpire.TV website, like in CSpire app.

Title explains it. I can set a recording in the Cspire.Tv website, but you can't extend it 30/60 mins from the website. You can only do that on the CSpire app (we us the app with Amazon Firestick, not the "cable box").

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. AppleTV Remote Trackpad - Guide Fast Scroll Bar, is TOO fast

Scrolling up or down on AppleTV remote trackpad causes a scroll bar to appear on the right side of the screen which then scrolls VERY fast. The point at which this happens is un-predicatable and not consistent. It's very difficult to find a scroll speed which does NOT engage the fast scroll when one is just surfing up or down every channel to find something to watch. Best as I recall, the previous scrolling sensed the remote track pad acceleration for scroll speed instead of engaging a scroll bar feature and it worked fine. I have set the trackpad scroll…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Robert – Thanks for taking the time to point this out. I will bring this up w/ our dev team and see what we can do. I believe this started getting ‘too’ fast with the introduction of tvOS 11 but I may be wrong.

In any event, watch this space for updates. I hope this is something we can tweak easily and deliver improvement.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Get in touch.

To make it easier to get help when you need it, we provide a variety of ways to report an issue or talk with a customer care representative: